Last Updated: 31 Oct 2022     Views: 1604

I'm a college student; how do I access the library?

The library can be used by students in the Northwest region who are taking A levels or vocational and access courses. Staff and Librarians supporting these students in schools and colleges can also use the library.

You can apply for Widening Participation Membership in one of two ways:

  • At your College library. You will be able to complete a membership form and your library will send this to us for processing. We would advise that you contact us on Library Chat to check that we have received your membership application form before coming to collect your library card.
  • In person at the Main Library. We will need to see your College ID card and a letter of introduction from your college.

We cannot allow access without a letter of introduction, or a completed application form submitted in advance by your college.

If you have any questions about the process of joining the library, please speak to a member of our Customer Services team on our Library Chat Service.

Our Membership Form can be accessed online or in person at the Main Library.