Last Updated: Jul 24, 2018 Views: 22
Who are the University of Manchester’s Student Team and how can I join them?
The student team are a group of 20 students who undertake paid work alongside Library staff, working on a casual hours contract (up to 8 hours a week). The team are primarily based at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons but can also work at other Library sites as needed. The main remit of the Student Team is to support student learning and the student experience within the Library.
Apply for a place on the team if you would like to get involved with supporting students through the Library’s skills programme – My Learning Essentials and gain meaningful experience whilst working on projects with staff across the Library. A place on the student team will help you to develop your skills in communication, data collection, problem solving, customer service, research and much more.
What are the requirements?
- You cannot be in your final year of study
- You must be able to commit to working eight hours per week (with some flexibility during the exam times/holidays)
- You should take a proactive approach to work
- You should be able to work independently
- You should be a self-motivator
How do you apply?
- Email us stating your interest in the role.
- We will then send you the details of the position and let you know whether we are looking to recruit new team members at that time.
- You can then send us your CV and 500 words explaining why you would be a good addition to the team.
- Then, we will hold an informal interview to discuss our expectations of the role and answer any questions you may have.
- After the interview we will be in touch to let you know if you have been successful!
Do you think you'd make a good addition to the team? Apply today!