Last Updated: Jul 23, 2018     Views: 35

My university is not part of the SCONUL scheme, can I still get access to the library?

If your university is not part of the SCONUL scheme there are several options that may be of help to you.

  • You can apply for a day pass once per academic year. You would need to provide a current photo ID.

  • We offer a paid library membership. This lasts for for 12 months (costing £75) or 36 months (£200). You would need to provide a current photo ID and a proof of address (e.g. a utility bill) dated from the last 3 months. 
  • If you are a Postgraduate Researcher Students or member of Academic Staff from Cambridge or Oxford you are able to apply for a reference access pass with your current university ID card.
  • If you are a student from another University you are able to access the library during our vacation period (please see our website for opening hours and access restrictions) on production of a current university ID card, regardless of whether your University is part of the SCONUL scheme. 
  • If you are an International student you can apply for reference access with a current university ID card and will be given a maximum of two months access.  If you need access for longer than two months we will need to see a letter of introduction from your University stating the dates that you require access to The University of Manchester Library.
  • If you think that you may be entitled to access through an affiliated organisation not mentioned here or you would like further information please contact the Library directly on 0161 275 3751.