Last Updated: Oct 26, 2018 Views: 211
The Library doesn't have the material I need; how can I get access to it?
Unfortunately there will be occasions where the Library doesn't hold the material you need for your studies. If this is the case you have two options:
Our Inter-Library loan team may be able to obtain a copy from another library for you.
You can find out everything you need to know by using these links:
- Who can use this service?
- Making a request
- Postal service: DELIVER
- Contact us
- Useful links
- Information for other libraries
You can find further information this service on the Inter-Library loans webpages.
You can contact our Inter-Library Loan team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students at The University of Manchester can request new books be bought by using our Order a Book service.
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the book you need, fill in the order form below and we will get it for you.
The Library operates an e-first policy; more details of this can be found in our e-books section.
Before ordering a book please note the following:
- Check that the Library does not already have the book by using Library Search.
- If we have the book but it is out on loan please use the 'Request a book’ service.
- Please make a reasonable number of orders. This service is open to all students in the University and we would hope that students would not place excessive numbers of orders.
- Preference will be given to e-books as per our e-first policy. If we cannot order the book electronically we can order a print copy.
- All resources purchased by this service remain property of the Library and may be recalled.
E-books will be available three to five working days from the date of order approval.
- Print books will be available up to 25 calendar days from the date of order approval.
- You will be notified via email when the book is available for collection and asked to pick it up from the ‘Collect me’ room.
You can place order by using our Library Purchase Request form.
If you need to contact us about your order, please email email@example.com giving the full details of your order.
Please be mindful of the delivery times listed above.